September 30, 2011

Daring Bakers' September 2011 Challenge - Croissants

My first (and probably only) homemade croissants
The Daring Bakers go retro this month! Thanks to one of our very talented non-blogging members, Sarah, the Daring Bakers were challenged to make Croissants using a recipe from the Queen of French Cooking, none other than Julia Child!

I'm horribly late posting this challenge, but I'm just glad that I made it at all. It's been busy lately... To be honest I was always a bit afraid of making my own puff pastry, but I was astonished at how well this recipe works (details can be found here). Even though I spread making the croissants over three days, they still felt, tasted and looked like real croissants. Of course the store-bought variety is a bit fluffier but they were quite good for a first try. Especially the ones with the chocolate in them... :-)

2 comments:

  1. WOW so good that you did them and don't they look great a wonderful result and I like the golden colour of them well done. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

    ReplyDelete